#92 Michelle Masella – Innovating effective bridges between local and expat teams
Born in the US, Michelle has lived overseas for over 30 years and has worked in the education, global relocation and media industries. An 11-year resident of Shanghai, she is a frequent guest on ICS Culture Matters and most recently went back to her roots in education as the Director of Students for American Baby International English, infusing this China-based English training center with current Western practices in education. Today she’s going to share with us how she’s building innovative bridges between her local team and international teams.
We all have to prepare ourselves for the world of tomorrow.
In this episode
- Learn about ABIE, an English training center for young Chinese students
- How she integrates new educational psychology theories into the classroom
- How to overcome cross-cultural challenges in the workplace
- What it’s like to be the only laowai in a local headquarters
- How to achieve clear and respectful communication
Connect with Michelle
Community Center Shanghai – Expat life is better with great community. Meet new friends and connect with old at Community Center Shanghai. Offering counselling, classes, tours, charities and events, CCS helps you thrive as an expat. For more, visit Community Center Shanghai online.