#95 Vitto Depino – Demystifying China’s expat insurance industry
Vitto is the managing Partner of Pacific Prime. She helped bring the company from Hong Kong to Shanghai in 2003 and has been in Shanghai now for 13 years. Under Vitto’s lead, Pacific Prime has grown into an international company with five offices in four countries in East Asia and the Middle East. She is joined in Shanghai by her husband and two young children. In this episode Vitto shares her insight into the insurance industry in China and key factors to consider when looking for insurance as expats.
Insurance is the only product you buy, and hope you never have to use.
In this episode
- How an insurance start-up grew into a multinational organizational success story
- The differences of direct billing vs. pay and claim in China
- When to go to a local, and when to go to an international hospital
- A short history of China’s insurance industry
- Life insurance and home insurance options for expats
Connect with Vitto
You can email Vitto.
Community Center Shanghai – Expat life is better with great community. Meet new friends and connect with old at Community Center Shanghai. Offering counselling, classes, tours, charities and events, CCS helps you thrive as an expat. For more, visit Community Center Shanghai online.