#100 Jerel Bonner – Overcoming the hurdles between you and your dream job in China
Jerel is a Tedx speaker and author of Sharpening China’s Talent, which will be released in the early summer of 2015. He is the founder and principal consultant of Sharpening Axes, an employer engagement consulting firm and after a 23-year career in IT, Jerel has been advising and coaching senior level executives and managers of employers working for MNCs in China for the past nine years. In this episode, hear Jerel’s insider’s advice on how to land your dream job in China. A few week’s back we launched an episode on tips and tricks of job seeking with expat hiring manager, Natalie Koeppe. Compare their views and leave a comment below!
The whole system is designed to give the hiring manager and the recruiting team a reason to say ‘no’.
In this episode
- How Jerel used the Dotcom bubble and the loss of two jobs as impetus for effective change
- Four key skills for global leaders
- The three books that will revolutionize how to position yourself in the job market
- Why using job sites and job boards does not cut it for job seekers anymore
- What inside knowledge the average expat job seeker is missing
- Understand common hurdles of the recruiting system
- The four types of candidates that hiring managers differentiate
- The importance of LinkedIn and how to use it effectively to improve your chances of landing your dream role
Connect with Jerel
Community Center Shanghai – Expat life is better with great community. Meet new friends and connect with old at Community Center Shanghai. Offering counselling, classes, tours, charities and events, CCS helps you thrive as an expat. For more, visit Community Center Shanghai online.