#96 David Orban – A captivating glimpse into the tech-driven future of society
David is CEO of Dotsub, a New York based online video start-up. He is also a member of the faculty of Singularity University, a joint venture between Google and NASA that studies exponential technologies, and the Founder of Network Society Research, a London based global nonprofit. David does quite a bit of travel and splits his time between New York and his home base in Italy. A true futurist, David was absolutely fascinating to sit with to discuss the future of technology and the incredible impact it will have on the future of our world.
Social and economic change can only happen when solid technologies emerge to make them sustainable.
In this episode
- How new technologies will emancipate people who felt powerless before
- How societies of the past were sometimes not able to enforce their moral compass and how new technology can change that
- Why wars between nations are going out of fashion
- How human creativity differentiates us from computers and machines, and how you can leverage that
- Why new technologies make social change possible and sustainable
- What intrapreneurship is and why organizations can benefit from it
- A discussion of whether or not university education is becoming outdated, and the future of education in a fast moving society
Connect with David
Community Center Shanghai – Expat life is better with great community. Meet new friends and connect with old at Community Center Shanghai. Offering counselling, classes, tours, charities and events, CCS helps you thrive as an expat. For more, visit Community Center Shanghai online.